On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:58:45 -0000 "Slitscan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have to kind of agree here - When I first started trawling the web to
> see if I could get anything Coupe-related, the biggest suprise wasn't
> that there was anything available at all (which was quite suprising to
> say the least :) - it was that what is available is so closely guarded.

I can't say that I recognise this. You are aware that ftp.nvg.ntnu.no has
an extensive CATalog/DIRectory of both commercial and freeware/PD
software for the SAM.

In the GoodSAMC directory there are currently 525 files which I'm
fairly certain nobody cares is released or not. At least nobody has
raised their voice yet.

In addition I have 68 files which I HAVE been requested to removed
by the various copyright holders. Amongst other things this includes
Blitz Magazine, SAM News Disk and SAMCo News Disk.

> When you look at a site like WOS, which is releasing what were REAL
> money-making programs (we're talking very very large amounts of money)
> for free, and retrospectively getting rights to do so, unless explicitly
> denied rights to release the programs, it does seem to me to be a bit
> odd that stuff from the Coupe (which was always a pretty tight-knit
> community of enthusiasts) is unavailable to people who are interested.

It isn't. See above. I have been tinkering with the idea of a more
"professional" effort like WOS, but currently I have no spare time on
my hands to undertake such an effort.

Regards,
 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø         | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ^
| Ericsson AS           | Isebakkeveien 49                  |