From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Frode Tenneboe
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 5:00 PM
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: RE: Dare to share (was Re: Days of Sorcery)

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:58:45 -0000 "Slitscan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I have to kind of agree here - When I first started trawling the web
> to see if I could get anything Coupe-related, the biggest suprise
> wasn't that there was anything available at all (which was quite
> suprising to say the least :) - it was that what is available is so
> closely guarded.

I can't say that I recognise this. You are aware that ftp.nvg.ntnu.no
has an extensive CATalog/DIRectory of both commercial and freeware/PD
software for the SAM.

In the GoodSAMC directory there are currently 525 files which I'm fairly
certain nobody cares is released or not. At least nobody has raised
their voice yet.

In addition I have 68 files which I HAVE been requested to removed by
the various copyright holders. Amongst other things this includes Blitz
Magazine, SAM News Disk and SAMCo News Disk.

> When you look at a site like WOS, which is releasing what were REAL
> money-making programs (we're talking very very large amounts of money)

> for free, and retrospectively getting rights to do so, unless
> explicitly denied rights to release the programs, it does seem to me
> to be a bit odd that stuff from the Coupe (which was always a pretty
> tight-knit community of enthusiasts) is unavailable to people who are
> interested.

It isn't. See above. I have been tinkering with the idea of a more
"professional" effort like WOS, but currently I have no spare time on my
hands to undertake such an effort.

Regards,
 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø         | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ^
| Ericsson AS           | Isebakkeveien 49                  |