Gavin Smith wrote:
> (1) So that warez style GoodSAMC collections are not needed

Do you have any quality control plans?  GoodSAMC seemed to hoover up
anything and everything, which included data disks and other program disks
missing DOS.  Some of them contain potentially valuable stuff (Chris White's
development disks come to mind) but others seem to be of no obvious use to
anyone.  There's also the issue of disk duplicates and known non-working
disks - the new SAM archive will have to be careful not to fall into the
same hole!

I suppose there must been a balance between preservation and keeping any old
junk, so I'd be interested to hear if that was something that you've already
discussed...

> Software is then provided in .dsk format, zipped up and placed
> on the web.

I guess that includes copy-protected titles in a suitable alternative format
to DSK, where necessary?  Hopefully an original representation of the disk
will be preferred to a DSK dump, in cases where minor protection isn't
checked by the program itself?

> Debate away, nothing is set in stone in the slightest but I
> hope the above is at least a good starting point.

All sounds good to me - good job in getting things running so fast :-)