----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Chandler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Aley Keprt" <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 2:22 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Text conversion

That's true, but many years ago, I remember I bodged a small program
together, which took a text file and wrote it in to SAM line by line
using a MasterBasic command.

I think my PCSUITE can convert a text file into a basic program on the SAM (long time since I tried it) allowing you to write the program on a PC and then transfer it to the SAM. Of course if you mistype anything, the PC makes no check on the syntax.
Ian

Can't remember the command off the top of my head (been a long time),
but as long as the syntax was correct, it would enter it as if you
were writing the line.

It was useful before the emulators as you could write a bunch of lines
elsewhere, (on a PC at work for example!),and bulk enter them in to a real SAM
later on.

It was not ideal, but saved some time re-entering lines again.

Andy