--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My Sam system/set up is
>
> Sam 512, 1 floppy, Atom with CF card 256 and slave
> Harddrive  Maxtor 7 gig an
> old PC spare drive.
>
> (slave drive when in use powers from an old PC psu)
>

> with a  small switch fitting to switch the CF card
> to master or slave ,
> normally set  to master.
>
> Comms interface with PC serial mouse [thanks to
> Edwin]
>

> PC keyboard interface [ thanks to Colin]
>
> Boot Rom V2 [thanks to Edwin]
>
> BDos 1.7n
>
> Steve(spt)
got anywhere with Bdos, but  interested...

Wow !!! thats one hell of a setup :) I think the CF
card route is the way I`ll go when I finally get back
to using a real machine...

sorry for more questions, but is the boot rom
something  like the ones Steve Nutting was doing back
in the day, i.e. to fix disk corruption, or is it
(hopefully) to possibly boot up with extra code for
newer stuff?

Cal *_+

P.S.

Once again thank you so much for the scanning of the
MasterBasic manual in particular, but also
MasterDos...  (not here enough so need to get these
thanks in, hehe)... there`s a fair few folk like
Arjun, monty.mole and Sadako over at WoS dying (time
permitting of course) to get into SAM Basic and
needing specifics of tips and tricks so these come in
really handy :)