Thomas Harte wrote:
> Literally anything? On many of the machines I have written emulators
> for, most things are usually completely changeable but some things are
> loaded internally — especially on any machine that has a variable
> screen start address.

Not literally anything, you can change the screen page, or screen mode by
changing VMPR and you'll have to come up with line interrupt routine to
carry out the changes, either say at the start of the scan line, or wait
till a certain way along the screen using NOPs as padding etc.

> Also, one further question: am I right to think that the Sam has no
> means of producing interlaced video?

Correct, the SAM only produces a non-interlaced PAL output.

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupe
1995-2008 - Celebrating 14 Years of developing for the SAM Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/