On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 05:28:58PM +0100, Thomas Harte wrote:
> But Sim Coupe duplicates all known characteristics of the real
> hardware now, right?

All the ones that I know about, certainly. Even the little ASIC quirks like
single-pixel vertical lines in the border (this is something Simon Cooke
pointed out to me and I used at the very very bottom of the screen in Fred 65
menu - it's fun but of little practical value...)

> Anyway, I think I've confused myself somewhere else, is Mode 2 no
> faster than Modes 3 and 4, or is it a little faster but not as much
> faster as having half the bytes to fetch should imply?

The number of available t-states per second is the same in mode 2, 3 and 4.

Cheers,
Andrew

--
 ---       Andrew Collier         ----