Thomas Harte wrote:
Almost the entire first half hour was set before I was born! I enjoyed
it though, even with the slightly weird ending — we're meant to
believe that Microsoft, Compaq and HP got a major leg up just because
Sir Clive and Chris Curry fell out? And was Sir Clive really that
mean?

If CS and CC hadn't "broken" the UK computing industry I do believe that things would have been different. By how much and for how long is any body's guess. From what I remember the underhandedness of the BBC tendering was far worse than in the TV show.

From what I hear, from within mensa, CS was (is) rather a control freak and _must_ have things his own way. That doesn't in any way diminish his visions and what he did.

--
Nev