On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 09:39:54AM +0100, Geoff Winkless wrote:

[snip]
> The actions of the unions
> _in the 70s and 80s_ was utterly unreasonable. The idea of a union is that
> a fair settlement can be reached by having a negotiator who can speak and
> act on behalf of a large number of people
[...]

I really do wonder whether 'corrections' of the type that occured during
the 1970s are just an intrinsic part of globalisation...  I certainly do
hope that the world economy becomes more stable over time, if we're not
gone and fried the planet in the next hundred years or so...

> Now we're getting seriously off-topic... erm, favourite crisp flavour
> anyone? :)

Perrrlease, this isn't CSS! :-p
--
Stuart Brady