I was too young to appreciate it at the time but I think Fred had a great
series on assembly and the Sam that flowed into the sort of topics specifically
of interest to game writers. Has anyone converted those to a modern document
format?

Other than that I can tell you that z80 questions tend to get answered very
quickly and in a good amount of detail on StackOverflow though one appears only
once every other month or so, so it's not much of a learning resource.