On 20 Apr 2012, at 17:25, Aleš Keprt wrote:
> I’d like to know why do you use Amstrad CPC file format, instead of a
> standard Sam Coupe one (DSK/MGT or SAD).

EDSK has been an adopted format in the SAM scene at least as far back as 2005.
It's the only way to preserve some disks in their original format, allowing for
unformatted tracks, disk errors and other custom-formatting tricks.  EDSK
seemed like a reasonable solution at the time, without inventing yet another
disk image file format.

Before that was finalised I did still create SDF as a temporary solution.  Only
two public disk images ever existed (Lemmings and Prince of Persia), and I
don't think the creation tool was every released.  All support for SDF was
dropped from SimCoupe a few months back, so it's effectively dead.

> I think we should stick to standard file formats whenever possible to let all
> those old file utilities work.

For legacy use you could convert to MGT:   SAMdisk sanxion.dsk sanxion.mgt