On 11/30/06, Aaron Kincer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In theory, the server should notify the client that a change has
occurred on the folder being viewed and then the client refreshes as
opposed to a constant refresh going on. If you look in the smb.conf
documentation, the change notify setting defaults to every 60 seconds.
You could move it out further to lower the impact on the server. You can
also shut if off altogether by setting it to zero.

Thanks, I'll look into that but since it really has not been a problem its
not a big priority.

BTW, if there is really a bug in samba that is not easily fixed I could
easily in 60 minutes
or less write a client program (nt service) that sends the F5 key to any
open explorer windows
every X seconds. I know this is not the optimal solution as it will
definitely waste system
resources but it would work.

John