hce wrote:
It is actually to mount a dumb linux device to a window file system,
just like to mount an usb stick to the window file system. Yes, if the
linux device (without samba on it) can be mounted by a window file
syste, then the window can config the linux device, modify data and
transfer data to it.

So, your actual goal is to allow remote configuration of these Linux devices?

Why must it be done via mounting them like a disk? There are many simpler options that would require less code.

Please let me know if above explanation is still insufficient.

You keep talking about mounting these devices... I don't see why you're so hung up on this approach. Why must they be treated like a disk? Why can't you, for instance, have them accept config updates via a simple web interface? Or use dropbear and scp the files into place? Or put a FTP server on them?

Why take the very complex route of mounting a remote filesystem?

--
Curtis Maloney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]