John H Terpstra wrote:

Looks like you are running into an msdfs bug in 3.0.26. You really should update to the latest samba release. There have been a lot of bug fixes since 3.0.26. I offered to provide samba 3.2.0 RPMs for your OpenSUSE 10.3 system - that offer is still good.

----
        I did update to 3.2 -- mentioned elsewhere in the conversation.
Helmut Hullen pointed me at sources.  So these messages are coming from 3.2
(note
the changed subject line).

Anyhow, add the following to your smb.conf [global] section:
        host msdfs = no

For more info about the changes affecting this parameter please refer to the WHATSNEW.txt file that was distributed with your Samba release. Under OpenSUSE this file is usually located under /usr/share/doc/packages/samba.
----
        will the msdfs fix it in 3.2? (since that's what I am running?)...
(guess we'll see)...:-)....