The problem is not Savannah having a strict screening process. The problem is not how people fail to submit packages that satisfy the hosting requirements. The problem is not the percentage of submissions that were cancelled.

The problem is how the replies to the submitters were written, especially the comments I quoted. They can be described as repulsive, odious, off-putting. There is no good reason to write rude comments like those just because someone failed to demonstrate their basic understanding of copyright. We'd be better off closing group registration completely and saving everyone's time, rather than leading people to assume Savannah hackers are mean, cold-blooded, unreasonable monsters.

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/