Hi Gary,

Discussion on your article.  You write "Plus the technical
sophistication of those attacks was quite low. It's abundantly clear
that similar attacks against popular U.S. e-commerce websites (Amazon
or Google) would fizzle to the point of not even being noticed."

I don't think technical sophistication should be an indication of
warfare or an attack for any definition.  I do like the kinetic
aspect, but we should also include intent. But how can we do
attribution to determine intent?

Next the activity of Amazon and Google would be LE not Military, again
outside the scope of "Cyber War".  By the way, can we stop saying it.
It makes me feel dirty like when the word "cracker" found it's way
onto the scene.

My two cents,
-Rob F.