From: owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov
<owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov> On Behalf Of Nick Matchett
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 09:43
To: scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov
Cc: Edmund Manabat <edmund.mana...@trilliant.com>
Subject: Scientific Linux Advice

I hope that someone could help me identify an individual or business that would
be able to help me with the following problem.

My business has some software that we acquired the responsibility to maintain
and support, and currently sits on Scientific Linux version 6.3.
Unfortunately, we are at a stage where our customers are asking to bring the
software onto a more current version of a Linux platform.

We would like to migrate to Red Hat or CentOS version 7.9  (or perhaps version
8)

We have been working on a migration from Scientific Linux 6.3 to Redhat 7.9.

Unfortunately, we have limited Linux OS skills in our business, and we have
approached this with a fresh RH 7.9 install and then applying the RPM of our
software.  There is a big mismatch between Scientific Linux 6.3 to Redhat 7.9
in terms of libraries, file structure and type of libraries between the
software and we have not been able to reconcile those.

I would appreciate any suggestion or advice on the best upgrade path to achieve
this update  and would be happy to take recommendations on individuals or
companies who might be interested in a professional service engagement to help
solve the problem.

Thanks in advance