From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Martin Pratt
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 20:23
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: Fw: Rice's Star Ris experienced racism of
any kind?ing Even as Public Sours on Bush

J.L. Chestnut just made it onto my list of real heroes.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  I read that quote from her in several
sources, but haven't been able to find a link to back it up. It may be
erroneously attributed to Condi. I have found numerous references to her
saying her family supported Civil Rights' goals, but not its actions.

From: "g123curious" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I like her words describing the Civil Rights movement
> and her (lack of) involvement: "I didn't get involved
> in any counter-cultural things".
> That says it all...

Where did you read this? Can you provide a URL or citation? Thanks.

Also, the article below is a good summary too.

George
- - - - - - - - - -
http://www.counterpunch.org/chestnut11192005.html
Her Father Taught Her Well
Condi Rice's Disdain for the Civil Rights Movement
By J. L. CHESTNUT, Jr.
November 19 - 20, 2005

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Visit your group "scifinoir2" on the web.

        Science fiction and fantasy   Music genres   Genre magazine

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*        Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM