--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Glad to hear y'all's enthusiastic reviews. A question, though. Did
you or Cat read Moore's original work? I ask because as you may know,
Moore *hates* the movie treatment of "V" so much he had his name
completely removed from the film. He seems to feel his work was
simplified and Hollywoodized too much, and all the grittier and
deeper elements excised. I did hear a TV Guide reviewer say much the
same. She really liked the movie, but said it was "very good, but not
great", specifically because it was a little too tame, clean, and
simplified compared to Moore's work.

Whaddya think? Never having read it, I'm sure I'll be entertained."

I have read the original work repeatedly though not in a few years to
be honest. My memory of the work tells me that the movie did a good
job of keeping with the spirit of Alan Moore's original work. It's my
understanding that Moore is also pretty bitter about his relationship
with DC/Vertigo. Without commenting on that because I don't really
know anything about it, I can see why that might color his perception
of the film. The other author David Lloyd is completely cool with the
movie.

Get the graphic novel and read it. It's definitely well worth the $20
or so it's going for these days. In my mind, it's absolutely one of
the best comics ever produced.

Bosco