--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I agrree. I saw actor Steve Harris ("The Practice", the wife beater
from "Diary of a Mad Black Woman") on Tavis Smiley last night, and he
said much the same thing. He was talking about Hollywood tendencies to
stereotype Blacks at both ends of the spectrum: either bad to the bone
"streetwise" (I've come to hate that word!) thugs, or, conversely,
saintly heroes who are too perfect and who often are treated like
sexless eunuchs with no lives (that last is mine). At any rate, Harris
was also saying he'd like to see more Blacks just portrayed as regular
guys with good and bad qualities.

Than his best chance of seeing that is watching films, etc from
just about anywhere other than America. Sadly The Netherlands seems
to be headed for the 'Hollywood other' route. I hope
its just a phase.

Meta