Well aren't you special!! :) You bet me to it: I was trolling the archives to
look for this same message--but, seeing as it didn't back my point like i
wanted, i wasn't gonna reveal it!  :)

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The following is what I posted, young man.
you can view it at:

"While the show is pedestrian, paint by numbers, and I see LOTS of
compromises, but there is more focus on people of color that the average
show. The Asian doctor is having an affair with the Black doctor. The
Black female resident is a black stereotype of Black women if you ask
me, but she seems like she will be in everyone's business and
storyline. The Black doctor leads on interesting cases, including
transplanting a cows aorta into a orthodox Jewish girl to save her
life. Last week one of the 2-3 cases used a Black patient. Next week
the star patient is black.

The casting reminds me a little of ER in the early days. ER focused a
lot on Clooney and the actress that played the nurse he was involved
with but was really an ensemble effort, this show focuses on Dempsey and
the Blonde but spends a lot of time developing the supporting
characters. I think they focused on them at first to lure the
advertisers targeted audience in to get a lock on ratings and cash, but
seem to be doing less so now that their position is strong. This show
is a marketing effort through and through. I have not seen every
episode, but with regards to black guest stars, two weeks ago, they had
a Black guy that lived for the thrill of pain, getting injured and
watching procedures being performed on him-- He died from an infected
tattoo he was enduring the pain from. Next week features a Black guy
with an ovary. I'm probably being paranoid but I tend to think the men
in hollyweird are intimidated by Black men. I can see an executive who
wants to prove his production has diversity saying, "make the
man-woman and the pain freak Black. I'll give them diversity". You
tell me."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM