Sci Fi has announced that Battlestar Galactica will come to an end after
its upcoming 22-episode fourth season. The decision was made by exec
producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore.

WTFrak?!

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and finally,
an end," the duo said in a statement. "Over the course of the last year,
the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end
and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the
show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to
know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride
getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season kicks off in early 2008. As previously
reported, the two-hour prequel pic "Razor" will premiere in November.

Eick and Moore are holding a conference call this afternoon to discuss
their decision. If you've got questions, post 'em below. Or if you just
want to comment on BSG's passing, that's cool, too.

Honestly, the news could be worse. I mean, we've still got 22 episodes
left. You can jam a lot of frakkin' closure into 22 episodes.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Battlestar-Galactica-End/800016206

Battlestar Ending Next Season

The producers of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica confirmed that
the upcoming fourth season will be the show's last. Executive producers
Ronald Moore and David Eick said that it was a creative decision to end
the acclaimed series with the upcoming 22-episode season.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally,
an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement on May 31. "Over the course
of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly
toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices
and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will
be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for
a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."

In November, a special two-hour Battlestar episode, "Razor," will air.
The fourth season kicks off in early 2008.

At last month's Saturn Awards, Edward James Olmos said that the upcoming
season would be the show's last, prompting Eick to say at the time that
no decision had been made. "I promise you that when Ron and I make a
decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know," he said then.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: