--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, this is no race issue...No matter how hard you look at
it...I have to say that what is happening is an overreaction to a
non-issue...I fail to see any malice implied by by Joilie's
portrayal of the role...

I don't know that anyone is implying "malice." No one is calling AJ
a "racist." I haven't seen that. You haven't even articulated a
reason why you think this isn't a race issue.

Well, I guess you'll be fine with Shatner starring in "The
Astromancer Story." Cool?  -fin

scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Astromancer <cwbadie@> wrote:

> > Thanks for your opinion...When you can give me a LOGICAL
comeback,
> I'll change my position...
>
> Is someone trying to change your opinion? I didn't realize. No one
> has to "make" this a race issue, it already is by virtue of what's
> happening. You're free not to care, you asked "why" someone
should,
> and I answered. You asked why can't someone enjoy the movie, I
can't
> because it's terrible.
>
> For someone who seems to value logic, tell me how the old "why
don't
> you make your own movie" is always an answer to questioning
> Hollywood's movtives regarding race? Ah, you don't like what's
> happening in Iraq? Why don't you take over the government!!
See . . .

> > tetsuwanatom1 <tetsuwan@> wrote: --- In
> scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin <truthseeker_013@> wrote:
> > >
> > > (standing ovation)
> > >
> > > Astromancer <cwbadie@> wrote: I
> > can't keep quiet any longer...Why should anyone care???
> >
> > Because of this.
> > http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/foster/sfeature/sf_minstrelsy.html
> >
> > >Why can't someone just enjoy the damned moved and not make it a
> race
> > issue???
> >
> > Because the movie sucks.
> >
> > >I understand about our exclusion for the media...but sometimes
> > >enough is enough...I have always felt that if someone has a
> > complaint about such things, make the movies yourself...
> >
> > Oh brother. Okay. Give me 300 million and I'll make that sci-
> fantasy
> > epic featuring one all Black nation.
> >
> > Saying that there are other things that one could better spend
> their
> > time worrying about isn't really an answer. We can have more
than
> one
> > issue on our plate.
> >
> > Moreover, if AJ's playing Mrs Pearl is okay, what's to stop
> someone
> > from deciding it's okay to slap make-up on Hopkins and let him
> play
> > MLK? Think they wont?
> >

> > > Martin <truthseeker_013@> wrote: If she's going for
> > the *soul*, the *why darken her skin*?
> > >
> > > Please remember- non-sensical ravings...
> > >
> > > KeithBJohnson@ wrote: Big conversations on an e-mail chain I'm
> > on, and I suspect, around the country, about Jolie playing Mrs.
> > Pearl. I'd never seen Mrs. Pearl before I saw her on Charlie
Rose