I like Highlander. Not like I like "Star Trek", but...I've watched pretty
much all of the Adrian Paul series and even one season of "The Raven". To
me, a Highlander movie has Christopher Lambert in it. This weekend, one of
the Showtime networks showed the Highlander movie with Mario van Peebles. I
watched it. It's horrible. It was embarrassing. But I watched it, saying to
myself, "the new one coming on Saturday will be better." It was not. There
were many problems with this movie, but the one thing that  ties them all
together is the fact that nobody ASKED for this. If ever there was a
franchise that needed to be put down -- for good -- it's Highlander.