the eleventy-millionth time) i am saddened to see dying out in the US....

From: "Justin Mohareb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
There's a name for the phenomenon of hyperrealism being unrealistic:
The Uncanny Valley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

My wife wants to see it because of one of hte guys who was in Robin of
Sherwood, and I wanna see it because of Nekkid Angelina and the
trailer for Cloverfield.

JJ Mohareb

On Nov 15, 2007 11:36 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone plan to see "Beowulf"? I'm intrigued by the story, but frankly a
> little leery of the visual technology Zemeckis is using. The so-called
> "Polar Express" look, layering CGI-like effects over real life capture
> images, simply looks a little--creepy to me. One problem I have with so much
> standard CGI movies like "Final Fantasy" or any of the myriad kid flicks, is
> that the humans often don't look real. They're stiff, facial and body
> muscles not smoothly or realistically drawn. The technology's getting
> better, true, but right now some of the characters look like walking
> corpses. Some of the scenes I've seen from "Beowulf" are no different.
> Though better looking than "Polar Express", the characters still look stiff
> and dead to me.
> Wonder why they didn't go with live action and then special effects like
> LOTR, or a live action/animation/CGI mix like "Sin City" and "300"?
>
> And i gotta admit, everytime I see the title character yell
> "I--am--Beowulf!" I keep thinking of Leonidas' "This--is--Sparta!" and i
> laugh.

Read the Bitter Guide to the Bitter Guy.
http://thebitterguy.livejournal.com