--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tetsu-chan has much love for Thomas. I stumble over Thomas and
Friends every night and every morning. Wooden (wifey's preference),
die cast, plastic, no matter, he wants them . . . ALL.

However, I pulled a JACK move and introduced him to the adventures of
Superman and Batman on Jetix. He may well be too young but I'm
starting him early. To that end, I bought him a set of JUSTICE LEAGUE
figures (based on the CN animation). Thing is, the figures kind of
suck. Too hard to stand up for a 3 year old. Anyone collecting these
sets have any recommendations?

> What a great way to head of the mania...and a smarter investment! I
have
> taken a cursory scan of eBay to see what the value of all the metal
sets and
> trains he has (the Thomas recall affected a very specific model
that we
> didn¹t have) --  and it¹s not that great a return.
>

> On 12/26/07 3:14 PM, "James Landrith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Fortunately, my son skipped out on "Thomas." He did get into
wooden trains
> > though.  We (me, wife and my father) bought him one of those
expensive Brio
> > sets for his 4th birthday.  For various birthdays and Christmases
following,
> > he received add-on tunnels, new cars, etc.  Charles spent many
hours
> > assembling, disassembling and experimenting with track
configurations.

> > At 10, he doesn't play with it much anymore, but being of solid
wood and in
> > excellent condition - he'll be able to pass it on (hundreds of
pieces, cars,
> > add-ons, etc.) to his children.
> >
> > I think this expensive Brio set was our way of heading off the
Thomas mania
> > before it started...

40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] "National Treasure 2" Rules Box Office -
 :(

> > Thomas is still big, she is just not that into him and there was
a major
> > recall recently, so we embraced her inner Car to make up for not
having
> > the train.  Besides, have you watched Thomas the Train?  What are
they
> > teaching kids? "how to be petty, tease friends and be cruel while
> > respecting the corporate bosses !?!?!  I'm left scratching my
head at
> > the end of some of those episodes.
> >
> > She has not seen Static yet, but she loves Superman and Batman,
so I
> > introduced her to Power Puffs last week and she was hooked.
There was a
> > Green Lantern Show? When?
> >
> > Fortunately, Lazytown and Barney were not obsessive, however,
Dora is to
> > some degree.  Most of the shows, she needs to see alot of I like
or can
> > tolerate.  However, once she is done with seeing them over and
over  and
> > over, I need a break from them all.

³Thomas²
> > type