From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Street
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:44 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] "Sarah Connor Chronicles"

I enjoyed it and will watch it again. I liked all the characters and
was glad to see plenty of African-Americans with speaking roles.

On Jan 13, 2008 9:17 PM, <KeithBJohnson@
<mailto:KeithBJohnson%40comcast.net> comcast.net> wrote:

> What do you think? It didn't really give me enough to love or hate it. I
> like all the characters. Summer Glau, who looks so young, makes a good
> contrast as the killing machine. A scene when she takes out a bunch of
dudes
> while stark naked is funny. Lena Headey is okay as Sarah Conner. On first
> blush, she's not as hard looking as Linda Hamilton was in Terminator 2.
> Headey is almost too pretty for me to believe she's on the run the way the
> series suggests. Again, I contrast her raven haired beauty with the
> rawboned, lined face, and haggard features of Hamilton in T2. But every
now
> and then, Headey will gave that "look" that same slight frown, the
furrowed
> brow that she gave the Spartan king in "300" as she urged him to kill
> Xerxes' envoys. When she does that, in those moments i see the strength of
> Sarah Connor. Still not sure I'll like her as much as Hamilton, but maybe
> that will come with time.
>
> Like all shows like this, I have initial doubts about a running
(literally)
> theme that is the sole focus of the show. The action tonight didn't really
> allay those doubts. it was good, but not spectacular. But then I'll be
> willing to give it time to see if it develops a storyline that'll keep me
> engaged.
>
> Thoughts?

Blogs:

The Greasy Guide
http://greasyguide. <http://greasyguide.com> com
Your Online Destination for Urban Information

Coming Soon
Street Sweet NYC
http://www.streetsw <http://www.streetsweetnyc.com> eetnyc.com
Get your fix on cupcake bliss.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"