Truth is, this would not have happened when we were 500+  members, with
about 80 active voices and 100 semi-regular voices.  The volume was
unwieldy.  When yahoo took us out, that changed everything.  At first, I
planned on rebuilding, but moving out of the states, becoming a mom, and
getting critically ill changed my priorities.    I really could not
moderate, nor did I want to. so, I just let you guys moderate
yourselves, and let you know that I was there if things got out of
control.    But, I trusted you.  I began to use your emails as a way to
deal with homesickness and sometimes distract me from the pain during
the worst of my illness.

So you guys made it what it is.  I just let it go where you wanted to
take it

Now, the  "tete a' tete" with Gymfig.

After years of not-being moderator, and coping with almost a decade of
censorship, but being really hurt by her remarks, and the fear that they
were hurting and offending others, I did not know how to handle the
situation  Gymfig is our sister - an important member of the family.
She has been around since the very beginning (2000). I started off
trying to wear the moderator hat, but it must have been windy that day,
because the hat  flew very away.  (VERY CORNY - sorry)

I've been rather embarrassed about the election conversation and my
behavior with her during my other exchange with her in November.  We are
both two hotheads  :)  Anyway, thanks  for letting me feel a little
better about my display of madness.  :)

Tracey
The non-moderator