all! I appreciate your compliment and comments, same for everyone else.

 From: Bosco Bosco
 Hey Keith

 I am sure that I am probably just missing something here. I didnt
 really understand your response and I wanted to make sure I had not
 caused offense.

 thanks

 --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 > yes, dad! :)
 >
 > thanks, seriously, though

 > From: Astromancer
 > Ditto, Keith...What are you waiting for???
 >

 > Bosco Bosco wrote:
 > Damn Keith. You're a hell of a good writer. I love your insights
 > and
 > the skill with which you present them. Have you ever considered
 > pursuing it further? If so, have you written anything I could see?
 >
 > Bravo!!!
 >
 > Bosco
 > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 >
 > > well, that's the balancing act of being a leader of any kind:
 > > weighing what you think is right versus what those you serve
 > think.
 > > Always keep only your own counsel, and you're an autocrat,
 > harmful
 > > to the people. Do whatever is popular, and you're a weakling, not
 > > helping the people to see what's best for them in times when they
 > > don't know it themselves.
 > >
 > > Maybe I'm a cynic, maybe I distrust authority. But I always think
 > > of those times in history when the majority (or the most vocal
 > and
 > > influential minority) of the population wanted something that
 > > wasn't right or moral, or simply efficacious in the long run:
 > when
 > > whites wanted slavery, then later, Jim Crow. When men didn't want
 > > women to vote. When Germans actively wanted--or passively agreed
 > > with--the subjugation of the Jews. When white South Africans
 > wanted
 > > their colored countrymen to remain as second class citizens. A
 > > century from now, perhaps some will look back on a society that
 > > taxed gays but refused to let them serve in the military equally,
 > > or enjoy the same domestic rights as the rest of us, and say "If
 > > only there had been a leader who'd done what was right instead of
 > > what was popular". After 9-11, this country wanted
 > blood--anyone's
 > > blood. I always liken America's mood then to that of a crazed dog
 > > that snaps at and attacks whomever happens to be near. Bush and
 > his
 > > gang poin
 > > ted us in that direction, then said "This is what they want". And
 > > all of our leaders--almost every dang one of them with a few
 > > notable exceptions--went along with that fevered fervor, afraid
 > > buck the will of the people. Well, that's why I have a leader: to
 > > see things more clearly in times when perhaps I can't, to make
 > > decisions based on more information and considered thought than I
 > > have.
 > >
 > > If I'm going to have someone lead me, it's because he or she has
 > > the capacity sometimes to make me better, to see the bigger
 > picture
 > > in ways I can't always do. That requires someone with certain
 > > convictions and basic principles that will guide him or her, that
 > > won't change with the times or the whim of the public. A leader
> [...]
 === message truncated ===

 “I am me,” said the stranger, “and I work for the ones who pay my fee...and
that's not you." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"