C'est moi!
I evacuated from Harvey (a suburb of NO) to Shreveport.  Last time,
text messaging was a boon.  This time, the system broke down.  I could
get calls through, but I couldn't read my text messages.  I had to call
ATT after reaching S'port and they fixed the problem.   Then I couldn't
call (sigh) but I could talk.

I would not say that S'port was savaged at all!  Goodness, there was
only rain and winds up to 40 mph.  Nothing like Houma, south of NO.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Anyone here live in, or have loved ones in, the areas currently
ravaged by storms: Mobile, Jackson, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and of
course, New Orleans?