You're not late. I have an email with the trailer (and some new images Paramount released last week) after I uploaded it to my site, but never pressed send. My bad. I DID send a review/interview from the 45 minute press session on the Paramount lot that happened, but I haven't done much to discuss that either.

Sorry, guys. I think I've become an old jaded Trekker.

That being said...I was the first to say JJ Abrams was the worst person for this job...and it appears I was wrong. I, like most Trekkers, respect and love the Okuda style of design that has been a staple of Trek for what, 20 years now? But now that I see this new design...I wonder if the design isn't one of the things holding the show back. I mean, I really need there to be data tapes and cartridges, but from what I've seen in the trailer and the footage, there's some good science in the new designs! The new transporter effect ALONE is worth it to me.

I have one glaring problem with this new trailer, and I'm sorry if it makes me sound square.

Zoe Saldana taking her top off. I have a BIG problem with Abrams and his portrayal of women. I don't like what looks like "wow she used to be a hottie back in the day." I mean, I'm WITH it, but I really need her to be smart. With lines. This is a woman who, in 10 years or so, will drop lines like "It's not the sun in the sky...it's the son of God". I need this not to be a random line from the hot receptionist.

The other problem I have, not so large, is that Spock is completely miscast. Quinto is the worst Spock I can imagine. It's impossible for me to not laugh at him in the suit, because he is Sylar. But then I replace his face with Leonard's and all is well.

From what I have seen, give this project a B+. But I think the opening 40 minutes of the movie will move this to an A, because they really give Kirk some backstory and context.

Final analysis: Star Trek is better without Berman and Braga. But we knew that. It LOOKS better with Abrams. It remains to be seen if this is Voyager 2.0 or in the tradition of TNG/DS9.