I'm just saying don't hate on Big Willie for being successful.  Lil
Wayne doesn't float my boat (I am touting Raphael Saddiq's excellent
but poor selling "The Way I See It") but I don't hate on him for
selling more CDs than anybody else (rap, rock, r&b, country, et al) in
2008.

My point is your commentary is not germane to this discussion.  That
Mr. Smith fills seats is a indisputable fact - it is not a matter of
opinion of conjecture - and filling seats is what the theater owners
touted him for.  Get this - the theater owners ONLY care about who
fills their seats and sells their popcorn.  Me, personally, I would
love to see Chiwetel Ejiofor work more because Mr. Ejiofor is an
amazing actor who is able to shed and assume many different skins.  I
daydream about creating roles for Mr. Ejiofor.

But, like Lil Wayne's "snub" at the Grammies (eight nominations, 2
wins in the rap "ghetto"), the Oscars is the place to spank Big Willie
and to award the likes of Dame Dench (go Taraji P.! and, while we are
on the subject, does Taraji P. Henson go by Taraji P. to distinguish
herself from that OTHER Taraji Henson?).

That said, I continue to have nothing but admiration for how Mr. Smith
handles his business.  He is our Paul Newman, our Robert Redford, our
Clint Eastwood, heck, our Brad Pitt, and, too often, we not only fail
to see it - we fail to admire it.

And, to honor both Mr. Smith recent accomplishment and Mr. Saddiq's
late great band, let me say one mo' time....Money! Mone! Moni!  Big
Willie Does It Again!

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@...>
wrote:

> Well, like I said, Smith may get others in the seats, but I'm not
one of them. I don't see the problem. The list was of stars who seem
to bring a lot of people in, i'm simply saying Smith doesn't bring
*me* in, and then listed the stars that do. I could care less about
whether Judi Dench headlined a movie, I go to see good actors do good
work in good films. If more people quit focusing on superstars and
actually supported talent in all its forms, then more actors and
actresses would be seen for the talent they have.

Eastern
> Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Will Smith -- The Only Sure Thing At The
Box Office