 Subject : RE: [RE][scifinoir2] Fwd: A Fond Farewell to Analog TV

 Date : Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:26:27 -0400

 From : "Reece Jennings" <mcjennings...@yahoo.com>

 To : <scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They're still around, disguised as HDTVs with their
converters. Heck ALL of mine
are Big-a$$ CRTs! I don't plan to change them, either!

When I was in Air Force electronics school in 1967, we learned about how
CRTs worked, then we learned about
transistors. THAT was some transition. Transistors looked like 3-legged
spiders, and they averaged a size of
about a quarter to a fifty-cent piece. I remember NO TV ( I was 5), the
transition to color. People are slow to change
even in the face of deadlines! LOL!

 _____