It is I who should thank you, sir.

 Subject : Re: [scifinoir2] Syfy's New Flagships Recycle Old Favorites

 Date : Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:51:24 +0000 (UTC)

 From : Keith Johnson <keithbjohn...@comcast.net>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

ha-ha, thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter"
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:46:14 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

        First Laugh of the Morn Award to you, Keith, for bringing back those
good memories!

Date : Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:09:54 +0000 (UTC)
>From : Keith Johnson
To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

And Deacon Jones is the guy who introduces you to your new life. The white dude
who's newly resurrected is given a videotape of Jones, who all but explodes
from the TV in his fervor. He gives the hapless dude the scoop on his new life,
and then, leaning even further into the camera, Jones says "And one more
thing--Nooo sex!"

You see, there are all these evil undead/zombie like people called "Moorlocks"
(I think) who look like humans most of the time. The newly resurrected
do-gooders have a lease on life that's odd: they can't commit anything
considered a "mortal sin", or they're toast. Well, it seems that having sex
with a Moorlock is a mortal sin, and, since you can't tell them from humans,
it's better to simply avoid the whole affair rather than risk that.

It was really good, quirky, fun show, with great characters. Think "Reaper"
with a bit more humor and danger. Gone too soon. Brooks was perfect for his
role, his deep, almost pained way of speaking lending itself to the dry humour
of the show. I remember one show when he was talking to his partner about the
need to be celibate and how hard it was. He reminisced about this one Sister he
was really tempted by. The description: "She was a backup singer with Gap Band,
and man could she burn some pork chops in the kitchen!"

I still roll with laughter thinking of that line. You really have to hear it to
experience the full effect.