From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of B Smith
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:45 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Survivors?

I haven't seen the original either.

I've seen the first three episodes and the crew starts to wise up pretty
quickly. I think Martin hit the nail on the head that seeing 99% of humanity
die would throw most folks into a deep depression. The doctor seems shell
shocked but I imagine she's been on the frontlines since the beginning and
by the time we meet them she's probably seen enough death to break even the
toughest person.

Survivors is firmly in the British "Quiet Apocolypse" genre. They play very
different than the American stories in the same genre. Americans would have
handled this so differently it would have been a completely different show.
It would have looked like Jericho crossed with Zombieland with even more
guns. In a post-Katrina world I think an American version of this show would
look drastically different.

BTW did anyone see the Discovery Channel's The Colony? They were a bit too
skilled and competent but it was a fun show.

This reminds me of a game/scenario posted on another forum about when the
stuff hits the fan. It would be interesting to see how SciFiNoir would
gameplan a post-disaster event using their skills, materials and talents.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Martin Baxter <truthseeker...@...> wrote:

> I VAGUELY remember sitting down in front of the TV to watch it on PBS, but
that's about it. Wonder if Hulu might have it... nope. :-(

> "If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in
bloody hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUxw9aUVik
>

> To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
> From: tdli...@...
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:00:40 -0800
> Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Survivors?

> I never saw it myself, but they have mentioned it in articles.
>

> From:
> scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Martin
> Baxter
>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:58 PM
>
> To: SciFiNoir2
>
> Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Survivors?
>

> Tracey, I really don't remember the original.
>

> "If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in
> bloody hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQUxw9aUVik

> To:
> scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
>
> From: tdli...@...
>
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:53:51 -0800
>
> Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Survivors?

> OK here is the other thing, with all the end of the world,
> survivor shows, etc on TV the movies that have been on forever, somebody
in the
> group of characters would know that driving aimlessly is nuts.  Where are
> they driving to.  I know the Black guy is motivated to drive far away by
> his unknown back story - he is probably connected to those scientists.
>

> But what about everyone else?  Was the original series from
> the sixties or the seventies set up that way?

Armageddon