San Diego is beautiful and warm. Too nice for rednecks, but they all commute
down from Simi Valley. (Where Rodney King got beat up.) Nice beaches too. It
is about an hour from LA which is where everything is really going on. (its
loaded with so many things to do) Stay away from Tijuana. They still have
the drug war going on.

If you are still in the planning phase check the almanac for how the weather
will be around the time you are planning on going.