From: "Adrianne Brennan" <adrianne.bren...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 4, 2010 1:04:13 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] "True Blood" Star Pacquin Comes Out on Video

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that "y'all" are not monogamous, sorry if it came off
that way. That ain't the topic at all and wasn't my concern. Faith and fidelity
aren't based on sexual preference. As for "foot in mouth", rest assured that
from me you'll get just frank open questions that might expose some ignorance
about topics, but never judgement or condemnation.

S'all good. :) I just have to deal with a lot of bi-prejudice from straights
AND gays, and it can find me on the defensive sometimes.

But if I desired something from men, there'd be nothing my wife had that could
fill that need. In such a case, can a person be satisfied with effectively half
the equation for decades on end?

But that's what I can't wrap my brain around: why would someone desire
something from a *gender*? That to me is like saying "Oh, I miss being with a
blonde versus a brunette!" I am attracted to people, not gender. There's
nothing missing that I would crave elsewhere unless the relationship itself was
unfulfilling.

Perhaps not all bisexuals are like me, but at the same time not all bisexuals
"need" a gender. And it's why I tend to avoid the label "bisexual" altogether.
It also implies a polarity of gender I do not feel exists, but that's a whole
other topic.

Hope the foot didn't get implanted in mouth on this!

Nah, I hear ya. I used to feel similarly until I understood the sexuality
spectrum better, and that what people "need" is typically found in the person
themselves, not in their pants. :)

~ "Where love and magic meet" ~
http://www.adriannebrennan.com
Experience the magic of the Dark Moon series:
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/books.html#darkmoon
Dare to take The Oath in this erotic fantasy series:
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/books.html#the_oath

The future of psychic sex - Dawn of the Seraphs (m/m):
http://www.adriannebrennan.com/dawnoftheseraphs.html