They were terrible. The Source ruined my enjoyment of anything Highlander.

There was a Highlander anime(Highlander: The Search for Vengeance) that was
actually good. It had none of the classic characters but it was fun. It was a
collaboration between the Highlander folks and the people that did Ninja
Scroll. It's worth a look.