I like them in small doses but Sharon does the damn thing and their live shows
are epic. I liked at first Amy Winehouse but that crap of crowning her the new
face of soul music really galled me. She was just trend jumping like a lot of
other singers do and she blew up.

Good recommendations from your e-mail. I'd add Soulive, Jamie Lidell, Joss
Stone(especially her work with Raphael Saadiq) and Cee-lo Green as folks you
might want to seek out.