From: B Smith <daikaij...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, September 4, 2010 8:32:16 PM
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Waayyy OT: Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings

I think that's true for some folks but overall the scene is pretty varied.
There
has been a big retro movement but the UK R&B scene has been healthy for years.
They wear their influences on their sleeves but folks like Omar, Mica Paris,
Floetry and others have been doing great stuff for a while. Jody Watley's best
work in years was the album she did with UK production teams.

BTW did you hear Amy Winehouse's music before her big breakout? It was very
polished and modern with some pretty raw lyrics to separate her from similar
artists. She was like a a UK Jaguar Wright(without Jaguar's raw power or
range).
That's why I called Back To Black trend jumping in some ways.