Lots of cool visual effects and technical complexities. It turns out the tech
complexities are mostly irrelevant. In fact the entire dreaming and reality
part of the story is pretty much pointless. It's a basically a sci fi twist on
some really old themes. The sci fi part is really fun but those old themes have
been conquered by better men with better skills both in director's chair and in
front of the camera. I would hazard a guess that beyond some simple nostalgia
in a few years no one will remember this one or care about it. It won't hold
up. You can boil the entire movie down to father issues and regret issues and
both have been done better and more intelligently. I know I'm late to the party
and I'm clearly old because I don't find the hype accurate but I figured I
would weigh in anyway

Bosco