<<I am prepared to and resign myself to that.

If you were a white man I would tell you where to go with it--but
since you are not I will reason with you.

I am in contact now with a Romanian Science fiction group.  They
promote Romanian science fiction writers.  They do not call
themselves Science Fiction. They call themselves Romanian.

There are Japanese, German, Brazilian you have it Science Fiction
groups.  They are proud to label themselves so and proud of writers
from their country that do this.

Anybody who has a vision that you have screw them.

Years and years and years you got nothing but white people in science
fiction--soon as somebody says black somebody got a problem with it.

You got femnist science fiction. Nobody says nothing about that.
Nobody says this is femnist science fiction and you got a vision of a
woman in a flying saucer saying "I'm on the rag"--and I know somebody
will post in that they object to that but if you don't object to
nobody having a negative connotation of black science fiction save it.

Why do you think we got this group?  Because you can't go on a white
science fiction board without them making racist comments about
having black people in Star Wars is why.

I know there is all this bullcrap about in the future we should be
race neutral-blah blah blah.  We don't live in the future.  We live
in America where a man can get on the radio and trounce black people
and make twenty million bucks a year.

Black science fiction. Black.

Anybody don't like it can get over there with those pallid, knobby
kneed pimply faced Draka lovers--see how they treat you.

Let us face facts--lots of black people don't deal with science
fiction because they think it is white--and they are right. They
maybe have picked up Farnham's Freehold--you know the story by
Heinlein where he has the blacks taking over after a nuclear war and
enslaving and eating the white people--or they have picked up More
Than Human and seen themselves portrayed as drunken idiots.  They
aren't sitting around satisfied with the Uhura crumbs.

You know I think a lot of white people encourage groups like this not
because they want to see our work but because they want us to keep
scarfing down their Iron Dreams.  Sci Fi ain't no charity.  Is they
giving any tickets to The War of the Worlds away? Is they giving away
copies of Locus or F&SF?

Naw.  They are making you pay for it.

As a customer, I got a right to demand whatever it is the hell I want
to buy, and I am always right.

Black Science Fiction.  Black.  Them that think right will come
around.  Them that don't can go to hell.

If you want to keep promoting stuff like that, go right ahead.

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I know I'm coming in late here but I think the very act of labeling
your
> work "black" sci fi is an issue because as much as I love black
people & sci  fi
> I get this bad image of a guy flying a space ship and saying, "Im'a
blast ya
> ass yo!"
>
> I know that's an extreme situation but f I have never associated a
color
> with sci fi and to say it's black sci fi may bring with it  an
connotation that
> the book can't stand alone in the sci fi world without  the black
angle.

> Many blacks do love sci fi but have many different interest such as
sports
> and video games. Maybe there would be  a way to tie the 3 together.
>
> George L.  Cook III author of Let's Talk Honestly Vol. 2
> A book of poetry and essays on  African American Issues
> Read ebook for free here:
> _http://www.letstalkhonestly.com/page/page/3118263.htm_
(http://www.letstalkhonestly.com/page/page/3118263.htm)

Community email addresses:
Post message: SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe Digest Mode: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SciFiNoir_Lit/
Yahoo! Groups Links