i second Acacia by David Anthony Durham that is what i read on my train and bus
trip this summer.  now i'm reading Zahrah the Windfollower, which is young
adult fantasy and it is very good.

Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          Time and Again by Jack
Finney...found it in a free book pile...intriguing so far...

Carole McDonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fever in the Blood by Robert Fleming
I've heard that Acacia is great but am not reading it as yet. It's
supposedly quite good and intense, a great world to get lost in on a
train.

Hey, if my book were already published, I'd recommend it. But it goes
to the printer on July 23rd...so you're out of luck on that. (smile)

Have a fun and safe trip.

-C

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "my_current_identity"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What are "you" reading? I have a train trip ahead of me and I am
> looking for something to read. I don't want the usual trashy novel to
> read while traveling. That's not my style. (I can read that on the
> bus to work.) I want something dense.
>
> My most-enjoyed "travel" book was "The Coming Plague". Does that give
> you a hint of what I want? On the other hand, last year's travel book
> was that bestseller about the 2 magicians in england (I can't recall
> the name)

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie