Maybe a way for simplifying the Find dialog
and still having many options would be to
do something in this direction:
have one field for the search string,
another for the search options, where
you could type keywords like
rx, up, down, case, wrap...

This way all the options are there and it's
easy to add new options without touching
the interface. (A text showing the available
options at the bottom would be probably handy).

Maybe it's a little too extreme, but I use
myself this type of configuration in
databases, where I have a field called
'options' where you can type these options
separated with spaces or commas. For me it
greatly simplifies my work, not having to
edit the database for each new project or
configuration option I come up with.

Abe


On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:17:35 +0200, Neil Hodgson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Manta:

I also miss this. My last editor had a checkbox on both find and replace
dialog boxes labelled "All documents" in a little box labelled "Scope".

   I would like to reduce the number of controls in the Find dialog
rather than increase them.

Is it possible to replace control characters in the selection with the
C-style escape sequences before population in the "find what" box?
Ideally, it would be nice to have the same translation occur on a paste
in that box, but I rarely use this and I doubt anyone else does.

   It is possible but contends with the idea that multiple line
selection before find/replace means that the user probably wants to
restrict the scope of the operation. Unlike you, I rarely search for
multiple line strings.

   Neil
_______________________________________________
Scite-interest mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

Reply via email to