Josh Endries:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- I'm not really sure how SciTE handles it's file dialogs, but what are the chances of it supporting opening from and saving to a SFTP/SCP/SSH connection? This is the only reason I use Kate (and have KDE installed heh) and would be an awesome addition. SciTE uses GTK (on both Win and *x?), but I dunno if GTK would handle this, or SciTE, or Windows (blech).
To provide this functionallity SciTE must support GNOME VFS, that is far of the great implementation that does KDE supporting remote fs.
I'm using KDE too, and I hate Kate (and every others but SciTE) but yes, opening remote files transparently is a great feature of KDE applications.
SciTE for win32 is not GTK based and I don't know how to implement support for remote fs. May be win provides an API for this.
Make a port of SciTE to QT (KDE) will be a hard work but if done, will provide a great editor. KDE provides support to open remote files with a large variety of protocols, not only mentioned but SMB, NFS, HTTP, and more.
If you are using KDE, Konqueror manages the operation of opening remote files in this form:
When clikced, files saved in a tmp dir. Then opened with (SciTE?). You edits with SciTE. When saved and SciTE is closed, Konqueror asks you to what to do. You can now answer to Publish to remote server the changes. This works fine for me. At the moment. Regards. -- kanutron (aka Josepmaria Roca) * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://kanutron.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- " las opiniones son como los culos, todo el mundo tiene el suyo " - Harry Challahan - _______________________________________________ Scite-interest mailing list [email protected] http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest
