On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 10:38:07AM +0100, Pete Chown wrote:
> Stephen Pellicer wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have any experience with the USB tokens (e.g. iKey 2000
> > from Rainbow Technologies) on linux.
>
> Not quite the answer you were looking for, but if you look at:
>
> http://www.l0pht.com/advisories/ikey-admin.txt
>
> it seems as though the tamper resistance on the iKey is trivial to
> break.
>
> Just thought I'd throw that one in, in case it has an impact on your
> choice of device...  :-)

Yes, the iKey 1000 is a memory type card that does not do processing
on the device. I do not know if the same procedure is available on the
iKey 2000 device which does not export the private keys to the host. I
think the more trivial attack on the iKey 1000 is the interception of
the private key on the host.

Stephen