From: Gil Abel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: MUSCLE PTS commmand

Hi,

I have though about this many times, and I'm not yet convinced what it best
to do, but I see it like this:
I agree that is should chooses the best available speed, but it is not
correct to choose T=1 as the default protocol when the card offers both T=0
and T=1. First, according to ISO 7816-3 when both protocols are supported,
the card should offers T=0 first. At my opinion, when the user specifies the
T=1 PCI (at least in the first SCardTransmit after reset), then a PPS may be
invoked by the reader to switch the protocol. I think it is better for
several reasons:

1. It is more flexible and the user can choose which protocol to use.
2. Most implementations today will choose T=0 by default. Choosing T=1 will
make PC/SC implementations incompatible.

Gil.