Bill,

On 25.02.2015 20:29, Bill Deegan wrote:
Greetings!

I believe the goal should be that a single codebase would work on python 2.7
and 3.x

Given that premise I think having a separate branch for 3.0 work would just end
up in much additional work.

you're aware of the fact that we already have a branch for this (python3-port)?

I'd like to add some python 3.0 buildslaves and then add small changes to trunk
which would work towards the goal of the code
working on py 2.7 and 3.x.

Otherwise we'll have to maintain a longstanding branch for 3.0 work.
Since it's unlikely that such changes will be huge architectural changes, but
mainly should be minor code changes this should be a
relatively safe path..

Thoughts?

At some point after the v2.5 release, we should probably just merge the current "python3-port" into "default"...and then put all our efforts into making it work. From then on it's a mixed 2.7/3.x codebase...and we don't look back.

Just my 2 cents,

Dirk