On 25.02.2015 22:55, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 21:28 +0100, i...@fibrecode.com wrote:
Question,

[...]

Why not put python2.7 in stable branch for maintenance only, and just work
on python3 in trunk.

Pragmatically, the right place to be is Python 2.7 and Python 3.4
compliance in a single code base. This is fairly straightforward
compared to all other solutions, provided we can get the person power
harnessed – not entirely straightforward in a project with only
volunteer labour.

+1, and I think the big part of the work is already done. We just need to focus our efforts on the remaining 5% (which admittedly might have a lot of hard nuts in them) for some time...and can make it happen.

Dirk