In a message dated 12/13/00 3:31:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I have a earlier tune that the one we're familiar with...did you know
that? >>

I've found three different tunes. Two are in the Scots Musical Museum, (Vol.
I and Vol. V) and then there is the other one that we all know and are tired
of from New Year's Eve celebrations.
Personally, I like the one in Vol. I of the Museum. It has a big range, which
is fun to work with on the clarsach.
I wonder which version is in your c. 1695 collection, Rob? Do you have access
to the Museum, can you compare and edify us? I find this revelation most
exciting! Thank you for the information! (And very nice website, by the
way....good work.)
--Cynthia Cathcart